Monday, July 25, 2016

"Hello Unicorn"

Thanks for stopping by!  

"Hello Unicorn"

Today I created a shaker card with my new stamp set from "The Greeting Farm" called "Hello Unicorn." I just love this stamp set! I love that they come with only a few stamps which makes them affordable but the possibilities are endless!   This is just the first of many cards I plan to make using this stamp set.  I'm hoping to try out a few new techniques using the same cute images. Hope you like unicorns as much as I do!  :) I feel like these remind me of My Little Ponies.  It brings back a lot of fond childhood memories and it makes me love this stamp set even more!




Above is the finished card, complete with shaker goodies!  I love these shaker cards, especially with the unicorn stamps.  Unicorns needs glitter and sparkle!!! I can't stop smiling when I look at her cute face! 



To get started I cut the photo frame on my Silhouette Cameo.  The frame was cut to the same size as the card which was 5.5" x 4".  I also cut a background from a sheet of very glittery paper.  I believe I had purchased the background paper from Target's dollar section and it came in a pack of very cute thin glittery paper.  The unicorn was from "The Greeting Farm" and it is the "Hello Unicorn" stamp set. I colored in the unicorn with Copic markers on 110lb card stock. I was going for the ombre effect on the hair and I actually loved it!  I used a bit of Wink of Stella on her horn to give it extra shine. 
The background paper I attached to my card base with my ATG gun. Be sure to adhere all the corners down securely. 


Next I attached a pieces of acetate on the back side of the photo frame. Using my 3M foam tape, I created a border around the card to hold in the shaker material.  The foam tape that I have was actually a little too wide and I ended up cutting it in half and double layering it around the outside edge.  Then I ran my antistatic bag around the edge so that the shaker goodies wouldn't stick to the sides. 


This was the fun part! I threw in every shade of purple sequin and pink sequins that I own and also added a few hearts from my Recollections Iridescent Glitter Shapes.  I think the little hearts add a little variety in there. 

The next step was to remove the backing on the foam tape and attach it to the card base with the background. 

For the final step, I attached my purple unicorn to the middle of the acetate with a little more foam tape. I was thinking of adding a sentiment to the card but decided not too, I didn't want the card to be too busy.  I was thinking of adding a few sequins to the outside though and I still might do it.  :)

Hope you enjoyed this card as much as I did and it encourages you to go out there and create some fun shaker unicorn cards of your own.  Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment