Monday, July 25, 2016

Pegasus Shaker Card

Hello! I'm so thrilled to share this card with you today!  I love the new stamps sets by "the Greeting farm" they take me back to my childhood and my love for unicorns and pegasus! This stamp set is called "Your Wings" and it had the pegasus, the greeting, a little bird and cloud.  




I started with a white card base that measured 5.5" x 4.25", a piece of blue card stock which had a light embossed criss cross pattern on it for the background which measured 5" x 3.5".  
Next using my Silhouette Cameo I cut the card front panel and the cloud.  The card front measured 4.5" x 3.25".  




I preheated my We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool and used it to create my cloud shaker.  I used a small bit of tape runner to keep the cloud in place on my page protector while I went around I slowly used the Fuse Tool to create my shaker pocket. 

I had bought a couple packs of sequins while at the Scrapbook Expo this year in blue, green, purple and pink.  I'm so thankful that I did.  I'm using the blues and greens from these sets along with some Recollections Iridescent Glitter Shapes.


My finished shaker cloud pocket looked like this when I was finished. I couldn't believe how easy it was to move the Fuse Tool around the cloud shape.  Up until now I had only created boxes with the Fuse Tool.  Needless to say, I will be trying a lot more shapes with it! :)
Next I went on to create my card front.  I used my anti static bag on the 110 white yardstick and then stamped it with VersaMark Ink with the greeting from this set which read "Show Your Wings & Fly."
I then used Turquoise embossing powder from Ranger and heat set it.  I have to say, I really loved the color! 




 Now it was time to assemble the card.  I used my ATG to attached the blue background onto my card base.  I also used tape runner on the back of the shaker pocket.  I went around it with pieces of 3M foam tape which I laid  half on and half off the shaker edge making sure not to go past the dotted fuse line.  Putting foam tape on the corners of the top card piece helped the edges to stay even with the rest of the card.

This is what the card looks like once all the pieces are together.  Now to add the main character, this beautiful pegasus!!! 


I used more 3M foam tape to pop the pegasus up as well so she would stand out.  She was colored on 110lb white card stock using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and Copic Markers.  For her hair I used BG32, BG13 and G00.   For her body I used B00 and for shading on her body I used B02.  Her cheeks were done with R20 and a white gel pen for the dots on her cheeks and thigh as well as the white part of her eyes.  I went over her eyes again with a sharpie marker to make sure that they stood out a bit more, I felt they were a little too light when I stamped it.  


My last few finishing touches were with four clear turquoise sequins and a few of the iridescent stars from the Recollections Iridescent Glitter Shapes set.  I was really happy with the way this card turned out.  I just love this stamp set.  I'm sure you will be seeing more of these cute characters in my future blogs.  :) Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment