Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Quick and Easy


Hello!  
Today I made two really quick cards.  It was my birthday a few days ago and my cousin bought me some awesome crafting supplies and I just had to try them out!  Among the awesome gifts were these Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens!  I love them! I know these pictures do the cards no justice.  Anyway, here is how I made two pegasus cards. 

I started by cutting out a cloud from white 110lb cardstock.  I did this using my Silhouette Cameo machine. Then I scored the cardstock to make a side folding card that measured 5.5" x 4.25. 


Next I cut a piece of background paper.  This is the cardstock I used to put behind my cloud.  I should have done this the other way but it was too late to turn back now! This paper is from a pad I have had for years.  It is nice thick heavy weight cardstock weight 250gsm.  It's called core'dinations Carmaker Series pearls.   All of the paper is pearlized which I loved because as you will see later, it will match the outside of my card. It does have a subtle sequin pattern in it.


Here are my two pegasus I'm using today.  One I colored my favorite pastel colors starting from pink and working my way through purple to a beautiful light blue.  The other I colored in different shades of red.  I used Copic Markers to color in my images. Then using my new Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens I shimmered them!  I colored the entire image with the shimmer because I couldn't stop!  
These images were both cut on my fiends Brother's Scan N'Cut machine.  I have to say, it did a very nice job!  I added the white gel pen to the eyes to make them a little cleaner after going over the black part with a fine tip sharpie marker. 


On the inside of the card, I adhered some transparency film to the the cardstock using my tape runner gun and on top of that I used 3M foam tape to create my shaker area.  I cut the foam tape into small pieces and laid them around the cloud shape.  Make sure if you are using this method to have all of the corners touch so none of the cute shaker goodies come flying out. :) I also added some foam tape as support around the edges.   
*Note: in hind sight, I would have decorated the front before doing any of this.  It would have made the water coloring much easier! :) 

I attached the pearl cardstock tot he foam squares to complete and seal my shaker goodies inside.  I used basic sequins and some Recollections sprinkles inside my shakers. 
For the background I used my Distress Inks and a water brush pen.   I watercolored the background using blues, pink and purple for the first one and just blues on the second one.  On the second card I used the cloud cut outs to leave a white cloud in the background. Using my Perfect Pearls water, I sprayed the entire card with my solution so that it shimmered. 
I then used the cut out cloud shapes for the greeting and stamped them in Versa Mark ink. Then I used my embossing powder and heat gun to set the words in blue. I did end up using different blues on each card because I didn't like the way the lighter blue turned out.  It was a little gritty, not smooth like I would have preferred. 

Last but not least, I added my pegasus with a few foam squares.  
I love how everything on this card sparkled.  I can't wait to use them! 




I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and it inspires you to go out there and create cut things!  Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment