Sunday, September 25, 2016

Magical Dragons



Magical Dragons

Today I'm going to share with you a card I made using my My Favorite Things Magical Dragons clear stamp set, as promised.  I love this new stamp set.  There are so many things you can do with these big and little dragons.  I chose the stamp that had the flying dragon and his large puff of smoke. I think it would have been super cute with a birthday cake image for a birthday card but I stuck to making a shaker card so I wanted to leave plenty of room on the front so the sequins would show through.  I didn't want too many images taking away from the shimmer in the background. 


I stamped out quite a few images on my 110lb white cardstock.  You can see all the dragon images, a princess and prince image as well.  There is a cute baby dragon that they have and a few different  poses for the larger dragon which I intend to use at a later time.   The elephants are from a different stamp set and hopefully a card I will be making in the near future!  I find that it's a lot of fun just stamping out a bunch of images and coloring them in all at once.  

For the dragon I used in this card I used the following Copic markers: 
Greens - G14 G05& G02
Yellow - Y08 & Y00
For the pink I used R20 & R2
Cloud: C00
White Gel Pen - Sakura White Gel Roller
Spectrum Noir glitter brush pen



After coloring almost an entire sheet, I place my paper on my PixScan mat by Silhouette.  I uploaded my image and traced around each image I wanted to cut.  I then used the Offset option to create a white border around my image and then deleted the original trace image.  I'm no pro with the Silhouette so this probably took me longer than it would for some others. I do love the offset option though because it leaves the white border as if you cut it out with a die.  Using the mat I was able to cut all the images below in one single cut.  While the Silhouette Cameo worked it's magic cutting out all my colored images, I was able to cut and prep my background, papers and borders. 



I used the My Favorite things die set that has the Stitched Squares.  Although I didn't use the part with the adorable stitched squares, I did use the negative part.  I think it looks like a picture frame or a polaroid picture.  Side note, I love that this die set can be used in so many different ways.  I cut the largest square out and used the negative for the outside border of my card. Then I continued cutting one after another inside each other and I not only got the four stitched border frames, but I also got the negative frames which to me look like the edge of a postage stamp.  :) WOOHOO! 


So after cutting out my background piece I used my distress inks Stormy Sky, Chipped Sapphire and Weathered Wood to create a night sky look and then I flicked some water onto the distress ink using a paintbrush to get the water color effect. 

I adhered a piece of acetate onto the front panel with the border, and then used the X Press It mounting tape to create my shaker border.  I love how thick this tape is.  I don't feel I have to double it up or anything, it gives plenty of space for the shaker goodies.  I then filled my shaker area with a bunch of sequins.  I used some from Recollections and a few that I had bought at the Scrapbook Expo.  I adhered the background to the project and then used my tape runner to adhere the entire project to my folding card. 

I colored in the birthday greeting with Stamping Up' markers Brilliant Blue for the words "Here's A" and "Flyby" and I used Only Orange for the word Birthday so it stood out more. 

Last but not least, I attached my dragon and his puff of smoke to the outside of the card and I was done!  :) 


Incase you're wondering what is in this dragon stamp set here is a quick list of the images included with the set. There are four dragons.  One dragon is flying, one is sitting down with its arm outstretched, one is sitting with a confused look and then there is an adorable baby dragon as well.  There are three puffs of smoke or clouds, there is one little knight and one little princess.  The sayings are super clever and cute.  They are "Here's aBIRTHDAY flyby," "Get well soon," You're on FIR!E!," "I'd slay a dragon for you, ""You SLAY me," "You make my life MAGICAL," and last "I heard you were DRAGON."

Hope you have a wonderful day!  Thanks for stopping by and check out the MFTStamps.com website!  :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment