Saturday, October 22, 2016

Sharpie Brush Markers

Hi!  Welcome back to my crafting blog!

I wanted to share with you that I have been taking some modern calligraphy classes and I am looking forward to getting better at my lettering.  With that in mind, I have been watching a lot of lettering videos on youtube and I ran across a bunch of videos where people are using Sharpie Brush markers. I found them on Amazon and they came in different size packs.  There was a 4 pack for $7.55 an 8 pack for $10.43 and the 12 pack for 12.76.  I felt it was a better deal for the 12 pack making each marker close to a dollar a piece.

The 12 pack comes with the following colors (the markers don't have color names on them):

  • pink
  • magenta
  • red
  • orange
  • yellow
  • light green
  • dark green
  • light blue
  • dark blue
  • purple
  • brown 



According to the pictures on Amazon the 4 pack comes with pink, light green, light blue and purple; the eight pack comes with pink, red, orange, dark green, light blue, dark blue, purple and black.  So again, for the price, i felt that getting all 12 markers and all 12 colors was worth it and a great deal! :)

There are a few difference between the Sharpie Brush marker and the typical sharpie marker.  I have compared below the Sharpie Brush marker to a Sharpie Fine tip marker





As you can see in the pictures above, the Sharpie brush marker is much shorter than the typical Sharpie marker.  It is also much fatter. The cap is different, it has a more fitted area for the brush to slide into. The tip on the fine point Sharpie marker does not bend but the brush marker tip does bend as you add pressure. 

I am really enjoying these markers and would recommend them if you want to have some fun with brush lettering.   I do feel as though these markers might run out of ink quickly.  I have been storing them horizontal so far. I think as I use more ink, I might see how storing them vertically would change the ink intensity.  

Here's some thing I did very quickly but you can see the thick and thin in the lines. :) 


I am having a lot of fun with these markers.  I hope that if you do buy them, you enjoy them as well.

Thanks for stopping by! :) Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment