Monday, March 7, 2016

Monkey Shaker Card

Hi and welcome to my blog!  I'm so excited to start this blog and share my crafting ideas, projects and inspiration.

Today I created this Monkey Shaker Card for one of my friends who is having a baby girl.  This year being the year of the Monkey, I thought I would create her a card with a monkey on it.  I hope she likes it.  I wasn't able to attend her baby shower so I am going to send her a gift card in this handmade shaker card. *sorry about the lighting*


I started by stamping the images in the Autumn Leaves stamp set called Mindy's Zoo on some 80b Neenah Solar White yardstick.  I stamped the images using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I colored in the images using Copic Sketch Markers.  For the monkey's face, inner ear and belly I used E00 and E02.  For the rest of the monkey I used E31 and E35.  For the clouds I used B00 and for the bird I used RV20, RV21, and RV06.  After coloring all of the images I fussy cut them out and set them aside. 


Next I stamped the flower image from the same stamp set using Stamping Up! Wasabi green and Rose Passion.  I created a frame by cutting a piece of Neenah card stock to 3.75"x5".  I cut a 1/2 inch border and stamped the frame the same way as I created the background.  


Next I created a shaker pouch using the Fuse tool and a page protector.  I used a corner of the page protector so I would only have to fuse two sides.  Starting from the bottom up, I rolled the heated Fuse tool using the ruler guide to create a pouch (make sure if you use the fuse tool that you have something under your project, otherwise, you could burn your table.)  Then I filled the pouch with Recollections shapes and chunky glitter. After I was satisfied with the shaker materials, I fused the fourth side to seal the pouch. 

Using double sided adhesive, I attached the shaker pouch to the card base.  Then using foam squares I attached the frame over the shaker pouch to hide the edges.  Lastly I used my Scotch ATG to adhere the monkey, vine, clouds and bird to the card front.  I was thinking of stamping a sentiment but I couldn't find the perfect one so i left it how it was and decided to write a personalized message inside instead. 

I hope my friend enjoys this card.  Have a great week and Happy Crafting! 




No comments:

Post a Comment