Monday, March 14, 2016

Thank You Tags

Today I am feeling grateful!  How many times have you been thinking, I should make some baked goods but I wish I could add a little cuteness to the packaging?  I wanted something simple but with a touch of thoughtfulness.  I baked some cookies for a few of my friends today and I wanted to make some tags to go on the package. So these are the tags I have made.  Hope you enjoy this post!

Side note, today I'm working on my new Heidi Swapp craft mat.  So far I am loving it.  It's a great size 18" x 24" so it covers my entire workspace and it's a beautiful color as well. This mat is heat resistant and water proof.  I found it on sale at Michaels for only $8! You can not cut on this mat but you can watercolor, stamp, etc and it wipes clean easily with a baby wipe or soap and water.  It was on super sale due to a few bubbles on the bottom that make it not completely smooth but I can work around those! :)

Okay, enough about this wonderful mat, let's get crafting! These tags were made with Distressed Ink. I put down some Distressed ink onto my craft mat, spritzed it with water using my mini mister and used a water color brush to create the water color background. 



The colors I used were Spun Sugar (pink), Scattered Straw (yellow), Evergreen Bough (green), and Shaded Lilac (violet).  I water brushed the colors on the paper in a rainbow.




Next, I stamped the tag outline, the tag dotted border, and the thank you sentiment onto my water colored background.

I fussy cut them out the tags and thought it needed some sparkle, so i added some Stickles red hearts to my tags.


I used my Cropodile to punch holes in each tag and tied the bags with ribbon to finish them.



Here is my finished product.  I thought they were a fun and easy way to make my cookies look a little more appealing!  I hope you have a wonderful day and bring someone some happiness today!  Thank you for stopping by! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment