Monday, May 9, 2016

Slider Card

Sliding cards are so much fun! I love cards that are interactive and different.  This card was definitely appealing to me when I saw it at the Scrapbook Expo!  There were so many cool examples of what to do with this kit I had to buy it.  There are also pages you can purchase to make this card that are printed and will fit perfectly, otherwise, you can design your own like I did.

 


I made this adorable frog slidding card using a kit I recently purchased from the Scrapbook Expo in Anaheim.  This kit was created by Pinecone Press Design and comes with just about everything you need.  One kit has enough materials to make 4 cards!  I wish I had bought more of these. I loved this project! 

The kit comes in a few choices of colors. I chose white since I planned on decorating my backgrounds and didn't have a specific design in mind at the time.  The cream color also looked very appealing. Pinecone Press also sells the paper to decorate the slider card which are already created to fit perfectly in the project. Their designs are very adorable, but for me, I wanted to create my own. 

My favorite part was that this card kit came with a tutorial of how to put the pieces together. I am super visual so this was an enormous help to me.  I also has writen instructions that came in the kit to follow along which has pictures and is well written.  The assembly is very simple which makes this project fun. 



I started this card by pulling out a bunch of paper. I wasn't sure what patterns to put together. The frogs ended up drawing my attention as well as the butterflies. 

To start, I decorated the outside first. Using green distressed ink I smushed the ink pad onto my craft mat and then spritzed it with water. Using a sponge blending tool, I created the green background using a circular motion. I did this to the front and back of the outside piece as well as the two slider pieces.   Then I trimmed down some cardstock to create the brown borders. Next I cut my patterned paper about 1/2 " smaller than my background piece. Using my ATG I attached my pieces together. 

I punched out the flowers with my Martha Stewart flower punch and layered one orange and one yellow on each end. Then I stamped the happy birthday image from a Stampin' Up set that coordinates with the scallop punch onto white cardstock. Then I punched it using the Stampin' Up scallop punch. 

Using a dimensional I popped up the scallop sentiment on top of some brown ribbon.  

For the center of the flowers I added one sequin in green and then one rhinestone on top to finish them off. Finally, I added a few yellow hearts. 

I have seen examples of this card where you can out a gift card on one of the slidding tabs. I am excited to do this for the next birthday I attend.  I attached the link to their YouTube video so you can see the assembly of the card. I love the magic of this slider card! 


 


Happy crafting!  Thanks for stopping by! 
Pinecone Press Design link




No comments:

Post a Comment