Monday, May 29, 2017

Unicorn treat holder

Woohoo!  I found a download card for the Silhouette design shop!  It's been a while since I've bought from the design shop but since I had this download gift card I thought it was a good excuse! What I had forgotten is that the credit is only good for one month! Yikes!!! So I downloaded this adorable unicorn design and had to try it out.

 

I cut the base piece from 110 pound white cardstock so that it would be a little more stable. Then cut the hair, tail and back legs from a piece of lavender cardstock. This is one piece that hides behind the body. Next, I cut the body in white cardstock along with the front cloud piece. The wing and nose I cut from purple cardstock. Lastly I cut the blue cloud. To assemble, I glued the white body piece onto the lavender piece with Scotch liquid glue. Then I glued on the nose piece. I glued half of the wing and used a foam square to pop up the edge of the wing for more dimension.

I glued down the blue cloud and then the unicorn over it. Last I popped up the white cloud in the front.  The project is 3-D so it folds in the middle where I used some score tape to adhere the small flaps to the back and the ribbon is added to keep I together.

I was thinking this would make a great party favor for a birthday. So much fun. Such a cute quick and easy project!  After starting at this project I think I will go back and add some bling or sparkle to it.  All unicorns need to shine!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day and I hope to see you soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment