Monday, May 29, 2017

Elephant Shaker Tag

Elephant Shaker Tag


Hi and welcome to my blog!  Thanks for joining me today!  

May is a big birthday month for my family and friends.  This year there have been some big birthdays too!  I decided that this year I was going to add a tag to presents.  I think it adds a little handmade thoughtfulness to the present. 

My nephew has a natural artistic ability.  He has been drawing pictures since a young age and even though he is only 7 this year, he has already become quite the little artist.  You can follow him on Instagram as thelittleartistwithin.  His birthday was this week and I thought I would add a little something to his gift.  He appreciates cute art which makes me love him that much more.  

I made this tag using the Adorable Elephants stamp set.  I colored the elephant with three shades of gray and colored his ears with two shades of pink.  I didn't do anything fancy with the coloring on this one.  I actually did some masking to create the balloon cluster.  I masked off the middle heart balloon and stamped the other two round balloons.  Then I removed the mask and colored all of them in. I colored the balloons all with just two shades of copic markers.  I was using bold colors that matched the background paper of the tag which was from an Echo Park paper pack.  

Echo Park has some wonderful paper pads!  I love their designs and 6"x6" paper pads.  The paper pads are small enough to take with you and are double sided so you have double the options! 

Okay, back to the tag!  I fussy cut the elephant and balloons out.  The tag I cut from a Queen & Co shaker tag die using my Cuttlebug.  The die cuts out the middle piece so in order to make the background piece, I used the top piece as a template and hand cut the base piece.  I used foam tape and created the shaker walls for the tag.  I filled the shaker with a bunch of sequins, and tiny cut stars to add some cuteness.  I attached the acetate on the foam tape and then glued on the top tag piece.  Using the Exacto knife, I cut a slit above the elephant's hand to make the balloons go behind his hand so it looks like he is holding them.  The finished tag went on his gift and I think it is so cute and makes my heart soar when he wanted to keep it.  :) Love this kiddo!  


I hope you are having a wonderful day!  I hope you are inspired to do a little crafting too!  Thanks for stopping by!  


No comments:

Post a Comment